Rights & Permissions
Boyds Mills Press offers a rich archive of high-quality, fiction and non-fiction content available for licensing. Boyds Mills Press publishes a diverse portfolio of fiction and non-fiction. Calkins Creek focuses solely on American history and is a valuable resource for biographies and historical content. WordSong is the only children’s imprint dedicated to poetry.
Advantages of Licensing Boyds Mills Press Content:
- Scope and breadth of content. Pre-K-Grade 8, Fiction, Non-Fiction.
- Trade book division of the trusted Highlights legacy and brand ensures highest quality, award-winning content.
- Fulfills authentic text call and easily correlates to standards.
- All content is discoverable in our simply and easy-to-use DAMS (thousands with Lexiles).
- Flexible and custom licensing models. We also offer volume discounts.
- Quick turnaround time on requests. Transactional requests answered in 2-3 days.
- Hi-Res files available in multiple formats.
- Minor edits for educational uses, like annotating, creating a Cloze reading passage, and adjustments for reading level are usually approved without review. Rewrites are considerations on a case-by-case basis.
To Request Permission:
All requests for permission must be in writing and may be sent via email.
General permissions requests should be sent to: email@example.com
To ensure that your permission request is processed as quickly as possible, please be sure to enclosed all necessary information:
- Requestor Name
- Request Organization, Title, and Contact info.
- Publisher Name and Address
- Product/Title Name
- Product/Title Publication Date or Release Date
- Each Format and their corresponding quantities (If usage is electronic, note whether the material will be password-protected or not)
- Any additional rights needed, such audio, custom editions, etc.
- Publication Date
- Publication Name
- Page numbers
- Whether request is for Text or Text and Art
Note: If requesting an excerpt or any changes to the original material, provide a marked-up copy of the proposed edits for consideration