Rights & Permissions
Boyds Mills Press offers a rich archive of high-quality, fiction and non-fiction content available for licensing. Boyds Mills Press publishes a diverse portfolio of fiction and non-fiction. Calkins Creek focuses solely on American history and is a valuable resource for biographies and historical content. WordSong is the only children’s imprint dedicated to poetry. All content is searchable in our Highlights Digital Asset Management System (DAMS). Contact us to set up a company account that allows users direct to access the content repository simultaneously and create collection and user folders. If you still can’t find what you need, let us know. We’re always available to help!
Advantages of Licensing Boyds Mills Press Content:
- Scope and breadth of content. Pre-K-Grade 8, Fiction, Non-Fiction.
- Trade book division of the trusted Highlights legacy and brand ensures highest quality, award-winning content.
- Fulfills authentic text call and easily correlates to standards.
- All content is discoverable in our simply and easy-to-use DAMS (thousands with Lexiles).
- Flexible and custom licensing models. We also offer volume discounts.
- Quick turnaround time on requests. Transactional requests answered in 2-3 days.
- Hi-Res files available in multiple formats.
- Minor edits for educational uses, like annotating, creating a Cloze reading passage, and adjustments for reading level are usually approved without review. Rewrites are considerations on a case-by-case basis.
To Request Permission:
All requests for permission must be in writing and may be sent via email or snail mail.
General permissions requests should be sent to:
Rights & Permissions
Attn.: Juanita Galuska
803 Church Street
Honesdale, PA 18431
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure that your permission request is processed as quickly as possible, please be sure to enclosed all necessary information:
- Requestor Name
- Request Organization, Title, and Contact info.
- Publisher Name and Address
- Product/Title Name
- Product/Title Publication Date or Release Date
- Each Format and their corresponding quantities (If usage is electronic, note whether the material will be password-protected or not)
- Any additional rights needed, such audio, custom editions, etc.
- Publication Date
- Publication Name
- Page numbers
- Whether request is for Text or Text and Art
Note: If requesting an excerpt or any changes to the original material, provide a marked-up copy of the proposed edits for consideration